I walked out of the office this evening surrounded by flakes of white mushy snow. Winter has arrived! Some of my friends don’t think twice about driving in snow. Others are paralyzed by the possibility of bad roads and slippery commutes. We grew up doing donuts in parking lots so basically it’s the other drivers I worry about most. Donuts aside, I’m grateful my hubby makes sure we have sturdy studded snow tires on our vehicles. Having the right tools to navigate slippery snow gives me peace of mind.
God’s Word is our trusted navigational guide for all kinds of roads on the adventure of living. Spending time in the morning before work reading scripture and praying helps give traction to my day. I desperately need to get aligned with God every single morning! Recently I’ve been enjoying reading from the new NIV Life Applications Study Bible, Third Edition.
Disclaimer: I’m a member of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid (BG2) here at www.cancersmarts.net, and I received a copy of the new NIV Life Application Study Bible for free as a member of BG2.
Read an interview with this Bible’s general editor, Ron Beers, over on the Bible Gateway Blog about the thought and prayer and work that went into shaping this Bible version: [ Click here ]
Features I am enjoying in the Life Applications Study Bible:
- The editor summarizes many of the key features of this beautiful Bible. Be sure to click the link to read the interview!
- The Bible is sturdy with a beautiful brown leathersoft cover.
- There are more than 10,000 Life Application notes and features.
- Each Bible book has an illuminating introduction.
- There over 100 Life Application profiles of key Bible people.
- The design has been refreshed with a second color for visual clarity.
- Quick facts at the beginning of each book in this Bible offer vital statistics.
- There is an extensive cross-reference system that I find very helpful to facilitate deeper study.
- The Bible contains the full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV).
- The Bible has not just one, but two, book mark threads. When I opened it and saw this I was really glad because I like having more than one placeholder in my Bible!
I highly recommend this Bible as a resource for the journey, and I appreciate the chance to learn about the many helpful features of the NIV Life Applications Study Bible, Third Edition.
Thanks for the opportunity to review the Bible on my blog, Bible Gateway!
About Sharon: I’m a wife, mom, and stage 4 colon cancer survivor who has been NED (“no evidence of disease”) since 2013. I’m happy when I’m enjoying coffee, reading, writing, and spending time with my family. I’m really grateful for wellness support strategies and good books that support living abundantly in the “new normal”.